Pages

Friday, March 15, 2013

Leprechaun Hat

Today I took my son to the dentist. Like you, I try to take him to the dentist every 6 months, and I also attempt to make sure that he brushes his teeth after breakfast, lunch and before going to bed. Flossing is also part of his dental hygiene. In my opinion, it is important to have a system which reinforces good habits to ones kids, and as they grow older, these habits are still prevalent and part of their routine.

After arriving at home from the dentist, we created a leprechaun hat, beard and eyebrows . This craft was very easy to design, we just needed to print the templates from Today's Mama website, and then assembled it- http://todaysmama.com/2012/03/printable-leprechaun-hat-craft-now-with-more-beard/. I love everything about this craft, it all looked super cute, like a proper leprechaun :)))!!!



Moreover, my son did an activity about St. Patrick's Day Inferencing cards describing green objects from Kari Radovich - http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/St-Patricks-Day-Inferencing. This cards are quite easy for my child to read and comprehend. This was a great activity to practice reading, and enabling him to practice reasoning from facts or evidences and deducing fact based conclusions that should be true.


Another great material I downloaded from TPT was St. Patrick's Day Math Fun with Lucky Leprechaun by Kayla Parker - http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/St-Patricks-Day-Math-Fun-with-Lucky-Leprechaun. My son had a lot of fun doing this exercises which included: problem solving, adding and subtracting in order to find the secret message, coloring, and a game to help the Leprechaun to find his pot of gold. One of many fantastic worksheets to practice maths, and having fun at same time.


I  also downloaded for free on TPT an exercise called St. Patrick's Day Fact and Opinion by Lili Garcia - http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/St-Patricks-Day-Fact-and-Opinion
I do recommend you to download this material as it is very easy for your first grader to read and understand. As well as practicing differentiation between a fact and an opinion.


 Hope you felt inspired by my post today. Enjoy the parade tomorrow and the weekend. Thanks :)!

Fabiana

No comments:

Post a Comment

.