Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Snake lunch

This morning we learnt about reptiles. Hence I decided to make a special "snake" for lunch :)))). I made the body of the snake with beetroots and cucumber. The head was a meatball, the eyes and tongue were made of raw carrots. My son recognised the snake straightway which made me happy :)))).

We love beetroots, and I always give the water that I cooked the beetroot to my son to drink. The beetroot contains higher content of iron, it regenerates and reactivates the red blood cells. It is also extremely useful in the treatment of anaemia. I used to drink it when I was young, and now give it to my son. If you would like to read more about the benefits of this vegetable here is a useful website: http://knowledgespedia.com/Health/beetroot.html 



I purposely cut the carrots and cucumber in small strips because I wanted my son to create a few words using the vegetables. I asked him to write "cat", and if he would get the answer right, he was allowed to eat a vegetable as his prize :)))). He also wrote "pig" and "my". We didn't create more words because he was getting very hungry :)))))). However, whilst we were eating he designed a person with his vegetables and said it was me :)))))). 




We enjoyed our delicious lunch today and we will for sure do it again. Have a good day!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

.