Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Painting

Today it was a very hectic day as I was baby sitting my two sweet little nephews. The pressure to insure attentiveness caused me thinking of all the activities I could do to keep them playing together and learning simultaneously. As they are different ages, I decided to work with paints as this would foster team work, whilst, developing their work according to their respective levels. 

Keen super hero fans, I instructed them to make individual mask of their favourite super hero.  My son is 4 years and 9 months old, and my nephews are 3 years and 10 months old, and 2 years and 6 months old.

Materials: newspaper to cover the table, painting, glitter, paper plate, paper towel rolls and extra painting sheets.

I distributed the materials and I asked them to paint their own mask as they desire, not forgetting to draw the eyes and mouth.

 The final art was: the blue mask was Captain America, the white one was Spiderman and the red/orange one was Iron Man. They were very proud with the final result of this activity.


Then I told them they could do whatever they wanted with the materials were displayed on the table.


When they have concluded their activity, I asked each one of them what they have done, and the following was what they have said:


My youngest nephew said that it was "green". I guessed this was a tree for him and he decided to call it green.


I was quite intrigued with the work my oldest nephew have done, so I asked him and he said that it was "taco". I thought it was very creative to make art from his favorite Spanish food. 


My son painted another super hero, but this time he said that it was Spiderman.


This is a great activity for all children. They all love painting, and it promotes the development of team work, and hand and eye coordination.


No comments:

Post a Comment

.