Pages

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Things I love book

We went to the local library today and we borrowed a book called Easy Art Fun - do-it-yourself crafts for beginning readers by Jill Frankel Hauser; it is a great book with plenty craft ideas.

My son wanted to do an activity named "Lace-Up Book" where he drew things that he loves.

Materials:
2 sheets of construction paper, different colours;
Hole punch;
Yarn or string;
Child safety scissors.




Instructions:

1st step: Hold the two sheets together. Fold three times to make 4 sides.


2nd step: Punch holes around the edges.



3rd step: They write on the little book anything they want: four things they love; or four things they love about their pet/school/best friend; or four wishes. 
My son decided to write about the things he loves. I asked him to name it, and he told me it was his dog and his brother, and mum and dad. I told my son: "we don't have a dog yet, and you don't have a brother!" Then he replied: "I know it, but I will have it one day, and I will ask Jesus to send me a dog and bother." I told him that he could have them on the things he wishes to have :)))). He was very pleased with that :)). I love his honesty; it melted my heart, super sweet :)))!!!!.




4th step: Tread the yarn or string through the holes. knot the ends and cut off the extra yarn or string.



5th step: Close the book.



This is a pretty and inexpensive book. It was also fun to make it :)). A great activity that builds confidence and improve hand and eye coordination.

Have fun :)))!!!
Thanks.
Fabiana




No comments:

Post a Comment

.