Pages

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Dressing up

 Hello my friends,

Spring is just around the corner and I am very excited. The weather is becoming better in Chicago, which gives me a lot of motivation to exercise :).

As I expressed many times before, my son loves dressing up and playing super heroes. This weekend I made a Batman costume out of construction paper. We both had a lot of creating it, and he looked very handsome :).



Another thing that I did last week was to bake a cake. There is a baking website called Sweetapolita which is fantastic. I tried her recipes many times before and it always taste deliciously perfect. The recipe for the cake below is called perfectly delightful vanilla cake. I made the cake for a potluck and I received great positive feedback. They loved the taste and the decoration of the cake, which is something I am thriving to achieve. This recipe is easy to make and assemble; when you make it please let me know your thoughts.


 On Monday we had a homemade sushi night. I enjoyed making and eating, it tasted great.





As I said in my previous post I am working on decorating my sons room, which I finally finished. I wanted to do a nautical theme but on a budged. 




The most laborious decorating in the room was to paint the walls. The actual painting as it were was not so difficult but measuring the lines was time consuming However, the end result was fantastic.







I also gave a complete makeover to one of our chest of drawer to complete the nautical theme. It had a very boring brown color, and I painted it with nautical blue color. It looks like a brand new chest of drawer. When I remembered to take the picture, I had already painted one of the drawers hence the reason the old one has a missing drawer. With old drawers you may have to change the tracks as my husband did to make the drawer opening and closing smoother.


I bought a set of pictures from Etsy, framed and hung them above the chest of drawers.



I am very happy with the result of the room and my son really loves it, and my hubby was quite happy that it did not cost much :).

Have a great week ahead :). Thanks.

Fabiana



No comments:

Post a Comment

.