Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Recommendation wanted

Hello, I  hope you had a great day. Mine was very tiring, but I believe tomorrow will be better!!
I taught my son adjectives, nouns and verbs individually, which he has already grasped the meaning. However, he is struggling to differentiate these concepts when put together in a sentence. He is able to recognize the difference between a noun and adjective, but struggles between noun and verb. Today, I gave him an exercise with the three concepts together to visualize the difference and highlight them in different colors. In addition, I designed posters with the meaning of each concept and examples. This morning, we revised them and hung them on our wall.

I know there are many of you that have (or had) children that struggle(d) with these concepts. Hence I would like to ask if any of you can help me, help my son. Any suggestion, opinion, or tips are welcome. I downloaded a few activities on TPT, but if you would recommend any additional activities I may use and are effective, I would appreciate your help.

I believe that we are all here to help each other grow as teachers, but mainly to be educators that care about their student's development, and help them understanding these difficult subjects. 

I thank you in advance for your help. Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks :)).

Fabiana

No comments:

Post a Comment

.