Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Homemade Jello Play-Doh

I really enjoy experimenting and trying to do things at home. Today we made jello play-doh. I took the recipe from the PlaydoughRecipe.org - http://www.playdoughrecipe.org/playdough-recipes/jello-playdough-recipe/. It is a simple recipe, which my son and I cherished doing it together.

Ingredients:

white flour – 1 cup
salt – 2 tbsp
cream of tartar – 2 tbsp
cooking oil – 2 tbsp
warm water – 1 cup
Jello – 1 3oz pack - I didn't want to use just one colour of jello, but three. Thus I converted oz to tablespoon to obtain the right measure: 3oz are 6 tablespoons. I used 2 tablespoons of blue jello, 2 tablespoons of orange jello, and 2 tablespoons of red jello.


Directions:

1st step: Add all the ingredients together in a big mixing bowl, and stir it until consistent.



2nd step: Divide the mixture in 3 bowls and add the 2 tablespoons of jello for each bowl, and stir. 
Pour into a pan and stir continuously, wait for it to thicken.



3rd step: Place the hot mixture onto a dinner plate and let it cool. After cooled roll it to make a ball.



4th step: Start playing!
My son loves play-doh and he was looking forward to playing. The following image are a few examples of things he created: a boy, a dog, spaghetti, a burger, the sun, and a volcano. He used the garlic masher to create the boy's hair and the spaghetti :))).


I also played a little bit :)), I couldn't resiste the nice smell and texture of the play-doh :))). I made a little boy and a fish :)).


 This was my first time making play-doh, and I found it very easy to make. The website described this recipe one of the most complicated, but I have to disagree, I found it quite simple. The jello ads scent and color to the playdough making it one of the most fun and interesting ways to make your own. My house smelled great afterwards :))).  The texture of the play-doh was really nice. Jello Playdough burns easily, so make sure you cook it on low heat and keep stirring, it cooks in less than 5 minutes. If you store it in an air tight refrigerated container you can keep it for quite a few days.

Hope you enjoy my post today, inform me if you have any suggestions or comments please.

Take care!
Fabiana


No comments:

Post a Comment

.