Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Animals opposite flashcards


I designed a set of animals opposite flashcards that can be adapted to kindergarten and 1st grade, as well as ESL students.

The animal flashcards can be used when teaching opposites to the children, coupled with  introducing Animal species. The purpose for making the flashcards realistic in nature was to enable children to understand the lesson in a real context.

Another activity that I led using the flashcards and I humbly recommend is to ask the children to divide the cards into groups of mammals, reptiles, birds, insects, fish and amphibians. With the caveat that after repeat use they should know the animals in the compounded categories aforementioned and be able to parse the animals. I also wrote the name of the animals under the picture for spelling, writing and reading purposes.

If you download this activity will you please leave me a comment or suggestion :). 

I couldn't attach the file, I needed to post it using slides. If you would like a PDF or powerpoint version  please email me and send it to you.

Thanks.
Fabiana
fabilavina@gmail.com























2 comments:

.