Pages

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Paper flowers

Good evening,

This is a very important week for our teachers as we are celebrating Teacher Appreciation Week. I believe that we have to show our appreciation for their hard work every day. However, I also think it is fantastic that they have a week to celebrate allowing we, parents, to demonstrate our love and respect. There are many ways to show our appreciation: we can cook a meal or desert, make a flower bouquet craft, bake a cake, buy a gift, give a potted plant and so much more.

I am preparing something very special to give to a few teachers. By the end of this week, I will share the final version of my project. Today,  I will share a paper flower craft that I created to complement the project.

Materials:
Buttons
Construction Paper
Glue
Hot Glue
Stick
Fabric
Cork
toothpick stick

Instructions:

1st: Cut the petals of your flower. Cut them in a heart shape form with the paper color of your choice, and glue them together coupled with the button in the middle. Set it aside to dry.


2nd: Cut a piece of your chosen fabric and glue it onto the cork.




3rd: Insert the stick into the cork to create the stem.



4th: Using your hot glue, attach one flower onto of the top of the stick and two toothpick sticks on each side of the stick to create the branches. One on the right side and the other on the left side of the stick.



5th: When the glue is dried, stick the other flowers to the toothpick sticks. If you wish, you may also add a leaf to each flower.




This is a very simple and easy to make craft that turns into a precious flower bouquet.

Hope you enjoyed the post. I will keep you updated on my special project :).

Take care,
Fabiana

No comments:

Post a Comment

.